Los Angeles Fireboat 2
- Ship - Los Angeles Fireboat 2 (Warner L. Lawrence)
- Designer - Robert Allan Ltd. - Vancouver, B.C.
- Shipyard - Nichols Bros. Boat Builders - Freeland, Washington
- Launched - March, 2003
- Active Service Start Date - April, 2003
- Presently Based - Los Angeles Fire Station 112 - Port of Los Angeles, California
I strongly discourage anyone using this information for commercial reasons!
I do not have permission to display plans for this fireboat on my web site, therefore they are not available here. There is however, a PDF file available for viewing. It is located on several web sites, and three (3) of these sites are listed below.
Again, I strongly discourage anyone using this information for commercial reasons! If you are a model builder and wish to view the PDF line drawing, you can visit these sites as they are apparently providing it to anyone with Internet access. These above links were active as of the date this page was posted. Once you have viewed the file, you can visit the below pages that narrate how you can convert a PDF line drawing to a scale diagram for building your own model and for your own personal use.
- The line drawing PDF file is posted on the web site for Robert Allan, Ltd. in the form of a News Release. It is a zipfile containing photographs, schematic diagrams and even this line drawing. The news release is available to anyone in the world having Internet access and a desire to download it. They had to have anticipated people downloading it from their web site because it is impossible to view a zipfile without doing so. A zipfile is a compressed file containing other files which must be extracted on a user's own computer to be viewed. If you need the address for the zipfile, it is http://www.ral.bc.ca/press/LA_Fireboat_2.zip
- The line drawing PDF file is also posted on the web site for Nichols Bros. Boat Builders under their Work Boat link. The file is clearly marked, is available worldwide and can be viewed/downloaded. If you need the address, it is http://www.nicholsboats.com/work_boats.htm
- The line drawing PDF file is also posted on the web site for Fire Boats of the Los Angeles Fire Department. The file is again clearly marked, is available worldwide and can be viewed/downloaded. If you need the address, it is http://www.lafire.com/fire_boats/Boat2-New.htm
I am not in the business of building radio controlled models commercially or providing scale drawings for others to use!
Part 1 - Procedure for constructing scale drawings
Part 2 - Photographs of scale drawings
If you have any suggestions or comments about this site or construction, please send me an email by clicking here!
Copyright © 2003 - 2012 John T. VanderHeiden
Last Updated Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:38:55 PM